When you start hitting the gym and watching what you eat, your body responds by losing fat. However, some people find it more challenging to lose fat from specific areas such as the stomach or the back (also known as the “love handles”). Today I will discuss cupping for belly fat loss.
If this sounds like you, then you need to know about a lesser-known technique called “cupping.” This ancient Chinese practice is gaining popularity among celebrities and other people who want to slim down in specific areas.
But do cups help with belly fat loss? Keep reading to find out!
What is Cupping for Belly Fat Loss?
Cupping therapy is a form of alternative medicine that uses suction cups for health and healing. The cups are placed on the skin and create a vacuum, which draws the underlying tissues up into the cup. The therapy is thought to be a form of acupuncture, but instead of inserting needles into the skin, cups are used.
The cups are usually made of heat-resistant glass or plastic. Sometimes they are also made of bamboo, hemp, or rice paper. Some cups have herbs such as lavender or eucalyptus inside them.
Cupping is an ancient Chinese treatment that has been around for thousands of years. It is said to be an effective way to treat many health concerns, including back pain, joint pain, fatigue, headaches, and even allergies.
Process of cupping For Belly Fat Loss therapy:
Cupping therapy is often used along with other therapies to treat many health conditions. Sometimes it is used as a primary therapy, but more often it is used in conjunction with other treatments, such as medication and physiotherapy.
The procedure involves placing one or more cups on the skin and then creating a vacuum inside the cup with a hand pump or an electric pump. This is usually done over the skin that is most problematic. For example, in people who want to lose belly fat, the cups are usually placed over the abdominal muscles. The vacuum created inside the cups causes a gentle pulling pressure on the skin and underlying tissue.
This pressure is said to increase the flow of blood, lymph, and other substances through the tissues and muscles. The increased flow is said to help reduce the pain and inflammation of the affected area. Depending on the condition, the cups will remain on the skin for 10-30 minutes per session.
Benefits of cupping for Belly Fat Loss therapy:
As mentioned above, cupping therapy has been practiced for thousands of years and is still used today. There are many reported benefits to cupping therapy, including improvement in any of the following conditions:
- Blood circulation – Cupping therapy increases blood flow to the skin, muscles, and other tissues, reducing pain and improving overall health.
- Lymphatic flow – Cupping therapy helps clear toxins from the body.
- Stress and anxiety – Cupping therapy is often used as a relaxation technique and has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Acute and chronic pain – Cupping therapy reduces pain in many conditions, including back pain, joint pain, and headaches.
- Infections – Cupping therapy has been found to be effective against many bacterial and viral infections, including tonsillitis, the flu, and even the common cold.
- Blood sugar level – Cupping therapy has been found to lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- Blood pressure – Cupping therapy can help reduce high blood pressure.
- Weight loss – Some studies have shown that cupping therapy can be useful in weight loss by reducing cellulite, improving metabolism, and increasing fat loss.
Cupping for Belly Fat Loss therapy for weight loss:
As we saw above, cupping therapy can be an effective way to treat many health conditions. But can it also help you lose weight? According to studies, yes! Cupping has been found to be effective in reducing cellulite, improving metabolism, and increasing fat loss.
While you shouldn’t rely on this alone for weight loss, it can be used in conjunction with lifestyle changes such as eating healthy and exercising to accelerate fat loss in specific areas such as the belly or the thighs. If you want to lose weight with cupping therapy, the best thing to do is to visit a licensed cupping therapist. A professional can help you choose the type of cupping therapy that is best suited to your needs. This way you can enjoy all the benefits of cupping without any negative side effects.
Cupping for belly fat loss: Does cupping work on belly fat?
As we saw above, cupping therapy has many reported benefits. But can it help you lose belly fat? Yes! A study published in the Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine found that cupping for belly fat loss can help reduce fat around the abdomen. In the study, participants received cupping therapy once a week for six weeks.
After six weeks, the participants had up to 25% less abdominal fat. The researchers concluded that cupping therapy is a safe and effective method for losing belly fat. Another study found that cupping therapy can help reduce the amount of belly fat in people with metabolic syndrome. In this study, participants were given either cupping therapy or regular massage therapy once per week for three weeks.
The researchers found that both groups lost a significant amount of abdominal fat, but the cupping group lost an average of 6.3% fatter than the massage group.
Negative side effects of Cupping for Belly Fat Loss therapy:
While cupping therapy has many reported benefits, there are some side effects that need to be considered. These include:
- Bruising – In rare cases, a cupping mark may become a bruise. If it does, it may last anywhere from one to two weeks.
- Infection – Infection is a rare, but serious, risk of cupping therapy.
This is more likely when the cups are left on the skin for a long time, are placed too close to one another, or are left on the skin that is broken (for example, an open wound). People who have weakened immune systems are more at risk for infection.
- Skin discoloration – Some people experience a change in skin color after a cupping session.
This usually goes away within a few hours.
- Skin breakage – The suction created inside the cups may be strong enough to cause the skin to break. This is more likely to happen when the cups are placed too close to one another or on very fragile or sensitive skin.
- Skin infection – When the cups are placed too close to one another or on broken skin, they may lead to an infection.
If you experience any redness, itching, swelling, or other skin irritation, remove the cups immediately and consult your doctor.
Cupping is an effective way to treat many health conditions and has been found to be effective against many bacterial and viral infections, including tonsillitis, the flu, and even the common cold. Cupping therapy can also help reduce fat around the abdomen and increase fat loss in people with metabolic syndrome. With all these benefits, it’s no surprise that cupping is becoming more and more popular.